Patrick Essono Nkouna, better known as Pahé, was born in Bitam, Gabon in 1971. He worked for several newspapers in the 1990s, including La Griffe, Le Moustik, Gabon Libre, Le Progressiste, Oreyti, Le Gri gri, and La cigale enchantée ou bien le Scribouillard. However, Pahé no longer works for newspapers, as he believes there are no independent newspapers in Gabon. Instead, he works as an editorial cartoonist for TV+, a private television channel. Pahé has authored several books and compilations of cartooning; he now splits his time between Bitam, Gabon and Paris.
- “Pahé: Cartoonist” Cartooning for Peace.
- Nicolas Michel, “Pahé: “Au Gabon, Des Journalistes sont Souvent Menacés.” Jeune Afrique, 17 January 2011.
- “Le Dessinateur Gabonais Pahé Arrêté 36 Heures Pour Une Caricatuer de Gendarmes,” Africultures, September 2009.
- Editions Paquet, “La Vie de Pahé” YOUTUBE video interview, 12 April 2008.
- “Le Monde de Pahé” Video.
- Pahé, Dipoula l’Albinos. (Les Editions Paquet: 2010).
- Pahé, Le Vie de Pahé #2. (Les Editions Paquet: 2008).
- Pahé, Le Vie de Pahé #1. (Les Editions Paquet: 2006).