Walid Taher was born in 1969 in Egypt. A graduate of the Faculty of Fine Arts, he has worked as a journalist and cartoonist for several major newspapers. Taher has also authored and illustrated numerous children’s books. His work, Al Nogta Al Sawda (The Black Dot) won the Etisalat Prize for Arabic Children’s Literature. Taher’s illustrations have also been used to support major humanitarian organizations, including UNICEF.
- “Walid Taher Art Collection,” Weladna.
- Walid Taher, A Bit of Air, trans. Anita Husen (Austin, TX: Center for Middle Eastern Studies at the University of Texas at Austin, 2012).
- Walid Taher, Mon Amie, La Lune. (Quebec: Heures Bleues, 2006).
- Andy Smart, illus. Walid Taher, Nesma Buys the Beans. (Cairo, Egypt: Hoopoe Books, 1998).
- Walid Taher, Aladdin & The Lamp. (Cairo, Egypt: Hoopoe Books, 1995).